Sleeves report
Sep. 22nd, 2026 12:15 pmI got the bottom half of the sleeves sewn into the armscye of the pink wool gown yesterday, and fussed with them a bit more. They were mostly okay but I decided I should really put all the gear on before committing to stitching down the tops. And it was almost 9pm by the time I decided that, and I didn't feel like it! So I will do that today.
I think I'll need to go back to my basic 18thc sleeve block the next time I make a dress; I can tell this one's just a teeeeensy bit "off". If I wanted a very good fit I'd need to refit and cut new sleeves. But this dress has been lingering for three years, and perfect is the enemy of good enough, LOL.
Might be able to finish it all up today, if nothing else annoying happens with the fit! Just need to fit & sew the tops of the sleeves to the armscye, then trim and restitch the ends of the sleeves (the curve is completely wrong, I don't know who the hell made these sleeves...oh, right), and probably add a band of pleated self-trim at the cuffs.
I think I'll need to go back to my basic 18thc sleeve block the next time I make a dress; I can tell this one's just a teeeeensy bit "off". If I wanted a very good fit I'd need to refit and cut new sleeves. But this dress has been lingering for three years, and perfect is the enemy of good enough, LOL.
Might be able to finish it all up today, if nothing else annoying happens with the fit! Just need to fit & sew the tops of the sleeves to the armscye, then trim and restitch the ends of the sleeves (the curve is completely wrong, I don't know who the hell made these sleeves...oh, right), and probably add a band of pleated self-trim at the cuffs.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-22 06:55 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-23 03:56 pm (UTC)